Please always supply your job files in CMYK mode. Colours created in RGB mode are generally never the same as colours in CMYK mode. Colour saturation should never exceed 240% in total otherwise faulty printing will result. 100% Black (K), 50% Cyan (C) and 50% Magenta (M) is sufficient for a deep black. Colour saturation should be at least 15%.
Size and bleed:
Please create an additional margin of 1mm to the final trimmed size on each side(3mm in the case of posters). Important lettering, graphics and information should be placed at least 3mm (5mm in the case of posters, 7mm for magazines) inside the trimmed size. Create your data format so that it fits our standard data format. Please do not use fold and/or cut marks. If you send us double-sided PDFs for leaflets Discount Prints will use the first side as outside (front page) and the second as the inside.
- We open our files using the default 'Media Frame'. Please make sure this option is not altered when you save your files.
- Please upload your artwork in either JPG or PDF format ( according standard PDF/X-1a:2001 or PDF/X-4:2010 ) *
- Your print data should have a resolution of at least 300dpi, otherwise there may be a loss of quality in the print result. For posters, 240dpi is sufficient.
- Please convert all text into paths in the case of vector graphics.
- Please create pixel images using at least 240dpi.
- Save all print data in CMYK format.
- In the case of orders that contain several files (e.g. front and back page), please save the individual files in the same format and name them clearly.
- In the case of magazines, please send us the pages as individual files. Please name these clearly so that we can correctly allocate them in the magazine.
- Please upload your files exactly how you would like to have them printed!
* Please upload the colour profile ISO Coated v2 (ECI) or FOGRA 39 and install it for the export of your PDF/JPEG file. If you have any questions our professional and friendly staff will be happy to help you.
Overprint function is usually used to avoid gaps between background and writings or texts during print.
As standard setting it is defined that the colour "black" should overprint. Please inherit this standard.
Additional manual adjusted overprint can not be supported while in the printing process.
To avoid unwanted printing results please make sure that your documents do not contain any overprinting objects.
- Upload – it’s simple and easy! After placing your order, you can upload your data to our data centre. Should we have any questions about your files, or if errors occurred during the transmission of your file upload, we will contact you.
Please also be aware of the following:
- In order to print one page, send your file to us once, selecting the single-sided print option within the datacentre.
- In order to print front and back pages differently, send us two individual files and name these clearly as front and back pages.
- To have the front and back pages printed the same, please send us the file twice and name these files clearly as front and back pages.
- In the case of orders with faulty or missing data, the delivery date may be delayed!
- Reprints, even in the case of data that is exactly the same, can never be 100% identical.
- Only supply print data in the stated format. Send the data required in just one file format.
- In the case of several commissions, please place one order for each commission, otherwise this may result in time delays or incorrect printing, for which we cannot accept any liability.
- All communications (including the current status of your order) will be sent to you by e-mail. You can find out the current status online using your Discount Prints login. After logging in, click on the home page on the “My Account” button. Here you can obtain all of the information on your orders, such as print status, payment, invoice, upload, package tracking, etc.